Board of Governors
The Board of Governors is the highest decision making body of the college. The Board plays a crucial role in the college’s governance but not in its routine management. The day-to-day management of the college is executed by the Director, faculty and administrative staff. The management of the college does, however, conform to the policies and guidelines set and established by the Board of Governors.
The Board of Governors includes individuals from diverse backgrounds whose combined expertise proves invaluable in policy implementation and making decisions in the best overall interest of the college, and in support of the college’s mission.
The Board shall meet at the beginning of each term (four statutory meetings per year). However, the Board will meet anytime during terms to discuss and resolve important and urgent matters, plan activities for fundraising etc.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To ensure that the college’s policies, procedures and standards are in keeping with the guidelines set by the National Accreditation Council, and other accreditation bodies.
- To help the college liaises with stakeholders and to ensure that internal liaison between the Board and the various committees, staff and students of the college is effective.
- In conjunction with the C.E.O and Principal to provide advice, guidance and support to the college and its officers to ensure the successful delivery of the college’s mission.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving all policies and procedures.
- Receives and review half-yearly report from Quality Improvement Committee.
- Receives and review half-yearly report from Quality Assurance Committee.
- Helps to promote the college’s public image to members of the community.
- Helps the college to achieve its strategic objective by its advocacy and deliberation at Board of Governors meetings.
- Attend important and ceremonial functions of the college.
- To review and approve the college’s mission and vision statement, strategizing direction and overall goals and objectives.
- To receive and approve the college’s quality assurance policies and systems.
- To ensure that the college complies with all statutory regulatory requirements.
- To approve all new academic programmes or accreditations pursued by the college.
The composition of the Board is as follows:
- Chairman of QAC
- Quality Manager
- Parent Governor
- External Governors