Quality Assurance Committee
The Quality Assurance Committee (QAC) is a standing committee. The committee is responsible for the creation of quality policies and procedures of TBS, thereby ensuring stakeholder satisfaction and adherence to standards.
The QAC is made up of:
- The Chairperson of the committee
- The Administrative Director
- The Quality Manager
- The Administrative Manager
- 2 Quality Coordinators
- 2 Lecturers
The QAC is mandated to conduct four constitutional meetings per year. However, the committee may have as many meetings as is deemed necessary.
For meetings to be considered constitutionally valid, they must have a quorum of four persons including the chairman or the administrative director.
Terms of Reference
The QAC will be responsible for:
- The overall quality assessment of courses being offered by TBS
- The creation of quality policies and procedures
- Ensuring that these policies and procedures are implemented in a timely and efficient manner after approved by the Board of Governors.
- The review of quarterly reports from the quality improvement unit. These reports will relate directly to the quality improvement unit’s mandate.
The QAC will receive quarterly reports from the management committee on issues that impact on their terms of references. The QAC will use these reports to form the basis of formulating new policies and procedures which must be approved by the Board of Governors. The QAC will also make recommendations for improvements in any area of the college operations.
The chairperson of the QAC will report and present policies and procedures to the Board of Governors for approval.