Quality Improvement Comittee
The Quality Improvement Unit is a standing committee comprising the Administrative Director, The Quality Manager, a Quality Expert and an External Consultant.
The unit drives the quality and standard policies, monitors and oversees all matters which have an impact on maintaining and enhancing the quality of student experiences and scholarship.
The unit explores ways of improving quality and standards and makes recommendation to the quality assurance committee for approval and implementation.
The Quality Improvement Unit ensures that:
- Quality and standards set are adhered to by monitoring and evaluating all programs.
- Conducting evaluation of learning outcomes and lecturers’ performance.
- Exploring ways to improve teaching areas, including classroom environment and adding value to student experiences and scholarship.
Objectives of the Quality Improvement Unit
- The main objective of the Quality Improvement Unit (QIU) is to ensure that consistently high standards are maintained at the Business School.
- To ensure continuous improvement and satisfy stakeholders’ expectations.
- To incrementally improve standards and quality by continuously monitoring and evaluating the quality assurance systems, plans and activities.
Roles and Functions of the Quality Improvement Unit
- Formulate plans and implement quality improvement activities.
- Evaluate the functioning of the Quality Assurance System.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the college’s operations, systems and policies.
- Act on recommendations of the Quality Assurance Committee.
- Assist in setting objectives for the management committee (this committee drives the quality process).
- Evaluate the work of the management committee.
- Conduct periodical monitoring and provide technical advice to the management committee.
Action Plan (2016-2017)
- Evaluate the work of the management committee to determine its effectiveness.
- Determine how effective the college is in meeting the standards set in the various standards areas identified in The Business School TBS’ Quality Assurance Policy documents.
- Examine and make recommendations for the improvement of the peer review process.
- Examine and review the registration process towards making the process more student- friendly.
- Articulate a policy of do’s and don’ts for the lectures including acceptable forms of delivery.
- Oversee the process of having all lectures conducted with the use of PowerPoint slides by July 2017.